Jojo the red tail starting size 2.5 inches and thanks giving the tiger shovel nose

Alexheath93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2012
weston-super-mare
I have been following your thread and watching your videos, everything looks good. Get cracking with the new build and i would recommend lighting up your tanks! But well done you have some nice fish any chance of a video of the pims and oscar?

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
I have been following your thread and watching your videos, everything looks good. Get cracking with the new build and i would recommend lighting up your tanks! But well done you have some nice fish any chance of a video of the pims and oscar?
The light in the 120 gallon is off to one side to create a shadowed area. Other wise the chiklids seem to try to own the whole tank. As it is they fight back and forth over the pot and the half log and leave the cat fish alone.

The next batch of feeder guppies will be up and running on Friday I will post a video of them chasing them down. Well provided I dont get called into work.

Thanks everyone for your support.

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
The cat fish are having some territory problems. But from now on they will phase into tanks together so I would rather see them fight it out now rather then latter.

I'm sold on the pothos vine nitrate filtration the tank is up and running with no needed water changes for 2 months now. Granted I still do a 25% every 2nd weak and a vacume cleaning every weakened. Also one note I would like to make is the fish 2 to 3 days after doing the water change seem a little more active. Side efect of fresh water? or the pothos? Time will tell.

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
Well Today the pleco at one third the size of Thanksgiving had to be removed and put in the oscar tank. Why??
Well It seems even with lighting on the tank 16 hours a day he decided there was not enouph alge in the tank and went after the slim coat on the large catfish. This is now the secound time this has happened. The first time i chalked it up to a fluke tretorial fight as the last pleco was male. But this pleco is female and normally very passive.
conclusion

Warning do not keep plecos in with catfish that sit alot

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
Got a cool video of them swimming at night. Tax returns are in tank building will start back up soon. With a baby on the way as the wife is 3 months preggo. I got to keep everything moving as fast as I can.

[video=youtube;0-Wietl3hIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Wietl3hIQ[/video]

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
well got my new phone to day its a Electrify with a 8mp camera so I cant wait to get some better videos to post up in the next few weaks.
I will start painting the basement tonight and hope to have the wall the 250gallon tank is going against done in the next weakend. After that Its on to the tank build. Due to the yurn in the weather I'm about a month behind but thats not bad..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store