Gold Tier Josh's fish, Esteemed Academic

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I don't see why not, he is always bringing the latest publications to light in a manner that exceeds almost every other user. He is a big part of why the Polypterus forum has some of the most thorough information on this site.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
The way I see it is there are lots of poly keepers who are great but not a lot of poly researchers that go out of their way to find research and the latest articles and whatnot about polys, one could easily say he is in his own league because of that, that he goes above and beyond the average poly keeper on this site and one could argue, such as chicx did, that he deserves more. If an upgrade to silver is going to happen then I vote yes for it as with gold as I truly believe that while he may be a rather quiet most of the time when he does speak he has the voice of a lion and his posts are similar to RD in how informative they are.

I could speak more but I believe my feelings are conveyed well enough to show that I support this man 100%.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I also support Gold tier medal. The information and research well deserves the upgrade. Heck even I can understand what he is explaining and I don't keep Bichirs or Arowanas.

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
I agree with Chicxulub Chicxulub about giving josh’s fish a gold tier all his the information that he posts about polys for me at least is mind blowing of how much someone can know on a specific genus of fish and now that he’s going to be a published author I think that speaks for its self

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I know we're basically at the end of the voting period, but the more I think of this the more I think he may be worthy of the gold tier medal. I mean full on publication? He's close to doing that right? His work on polys seems similar to mine on ATF, but he's on the verge of taking a huge step beyond me. Why should he and I have the same medal? Is it mitigated by my having worked in more genera?

Discuss.

Does his fixation and outstanding work in these African taxa warrant the upgrade? The man's work is clearly top notch, and this is a level of diligence and academic excellence that we don't often encounter in the hobby. Is silver sufficient? What more does he need for gold if not?
I absolutely agree. A combination of both academic prowess and community education/discussion/support etc. is quite rare. I also appreciate he makes the material accessible to people in a variety of formats: text, video, infographic, pictures, and an-upcoming book.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I know we're basically at the end of the voting period, but the more I think of this the more I think he may be worthy of the gold tier medal. I mean full on publication? He's close to doing that right? His work on polys seems similar to mine on ATF, but he's on the verge of taking a huge step beyond me. Why should he and I have the same medal? Is it mitigated by my having worked in more genera?

Discuss.

Does his fixation and outstanding work in these African taxa warrant the upgrade? The man's work is clearly top notch, and this is a level of diligence and academic excellence that we don't often encounter in the hobby. Is silver sufficient? What more does he need for gold if not?
I agree. For what my opinion matters. Lol

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
It is clear he is going to get silver but my question is is this thread going to continue for the month of June for the upgrade to gold since it was thought of to upgrade so late?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store