Jumping in

Arkeon

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
Alberta
On the weekend I made the jump, a LFS that I regularly go to I ordered in a delhezi and a gold dust. He said that on his order form they should come in at around the 2"-4" length. While I'm still waiting for my 180 to be built I currently am going to throw them my 46 that has 3 cichlids in it. Will I have to worry about them picking on the bichir? And what sort of cover wound be best for them to have to get comfortable in the new tank?

Reactions: Jafar P Arab

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
On the weekend I made the jump, a LFS that I regularly go to I ordered in a delhezi and a gold dust. He said that on his order form they should come in at around the 2"-4" length. While I'm still waiting for my 180 to be built I currently am going to throw them my 46 that has 3 cichlids in it. Will I have to worry about them picking on the bichir? And what sort of cover wound be best for them to have to get comfortable in the new tank?

If the Cichilds are large aggressive and territorial or small and agressive.

Reactions: clm08k and kno4te

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
What type of cichlids ? Adding new fish to reestablished pecking or can be risky...or uneventful depends on their peraonality

Arkeon

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
Alberta
I have no clue of the cichlids, just know they are African. They came with a tank I got. These 3 are the only ones I could save from the **** conditions the last owner had them in.
I have drift wood already in the tank but they have dug a hole under it already. I'll have to toss in some more rocks and attach some sword to it. I know my pleco loved to hide in the plants.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

Arkeon

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
Alberta
Oh I was reading that they don't eat pellets, how hard is it too train them to switch over to that? Currently do frozen shrimp and pellets, but I jump back and forth every couple days or so.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store