June 2020 TOTM Winner.... Manakh!

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Congratulations to M manakh for a beautiful tank and photo!
The dog may have suckered some people in, but the tank itself and inhabitants are just as gorgeous!

3.jpg

Next up is photo of the month with kno4te kno4te ! Send in those photos to monsterfishcontests@gmail.com

-GS

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Congratulations to M manakh for a beautiful tank and photo!
The dog may have suckered some people in, but the tank itself and inhabitants are just as gorgeous!

View attachment 1423703

Next up is photo of the month with kno4te kno4te ! Send in those photos to monsterfishcontests@gmail.com

-GS
Congrats!!! Well deserved win. ?

Reactions: kno4te

manakh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2016
Thank you for the votes everyone!

Tank measures 96x30x30
Back ground and wood is all from Aqua Decor out of Serbia Europe.
Every larger rock in the tank has been collected from rivers ranging from Wa state to very far Northern British Columbia during my various salmon and steelhead fishing excursions over several years, and each rock has been from a memorable moment during these trips like a super big fish or personal best for example.

It's hard to see them in the pic but the inhabitants are 2 female wild colombian festae from rapps before he sold (to my limited knowledge the only batch of festae from Colombia ever?), 3 WC gephyrum 2m1f, 2 male synspillum, 1 female white/orange citrinellum, 1 ugly pearsei that just never got any color, and a school of wild Dawkinsia Filamentosa barbs.

I will be adding a few more filament barbs (growing out currently) and I think a red or yellow chalceus (wife wants one) and then eventually I want to remove the pearsei because it's just so drab looking.

The comments on the dog were cracking me up, truthfully I didn't intend to have her in the pic but she kept photo bombing because her bed is right next to the tank!! Any full tank shot photos I have without her the lighting is terrible, there's tons of micro bubbles from just setting it up, or the cat is up there on her back legs looking at the fish.
I just set this tank up during this Covid 19 ordeal so I don't have oodles of pics.

The tank is in our living room so my wife gave me the go ahead to make it quite the spectacle since it's something we along with guests will be seeing all the time. Eventually we will put wood paneling around the tank and all you will see is the front of the tank.

if you have any questions feel free to ask

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Congratulations on the win and also for your stock list and memorable rocks.

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Congratulations M manakh !

Jacob92677

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2019
South Orange County CA ?? USA ??
Thank you for the votes everyone!

Tank measures 96x30x30
Back ground and wood is all from Aqua Decor out of Serbia Europe.
Every larger rock in the tank has been collected from rivers ranging from Wa state to very far Northern British Columbia during my various salmon and steelhead fishing excursions over several years, and each rock has been from a memorable moment during these trips like a super big fish or personal best for example.

It's hard to see them in the pic but the inhabitants are 2 female wild colombian festae from rapps before he sold (to my limited knowledge the only batch of festae from Colombia ever?), 3 WC gephyrum 2m1f, 2 male synspillum, 1 female white/orange citrinellum, 1 ugly pearsei that just never got any color, and a school of wild Dawkinsia Filamentosa barbs.

I will be adding a few more filament barbs (growing out currently) and I think a red or yellow chalceus (wife wants one) and then eventually I want to remove the pearsei because it's just so drab looking.

The comments on the dog were cracking me up, truthfully I didn't intend to have her in the pic but she kept photo bombing because her bed is right next to the tank!! Any full tank shot photos I have without her the lighting is terrible, there's tons of micro bubbles from just setting it up, or the cat is up there on her back legs looking at the fish.
I just set this tank up during this Covid 19 ordeal so I don't have oodles of pics.

The tank is in our living room so my wife gave me the go ahead to make it quite the spectacle since it's something we along with guests will be seeing all the time. Eventually we will put wood paneling around the tank and all you will see is the front of the tank.

if you have any questions feel free to ask
Very cool Back story

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store