June TOTM Winner is.... Tripping Willow 91!!!

Tripping Willow 91

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2021
England (Bedfordshire)
Well if that's your first attempt at an aquascape my friend it is even more amazing.

Most people's first attempt at aquascaping is a rock and a melting piece of slushy Amazon sword with blue gravel, lol.

Again, well done, fully deserved :clap
Haha sounds like a winning tank! I'd dabbled in plants before but this was my first properly researched scape. Loads of research, planning, time and effort went into this. I marked up a piece of cardboard with the footprint and got the hardscape glued together how I wanted it before adding to the tank and planting

IMG_20200428_143101-1.jpg

IMG_20200504_200554.jpg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Haha sounds like a winning tank! I'd dabbled in plants before but this was my first properly researched scape. Loads of research, planning, time and effort went into this. I marked up a piece of cardboard with the footprint and got the hardscape glued together how I wanted it before adding to the tank and planting

View attachment 1498468

View attachment 1498469
Wow, so that last picture is the very early stages when you first put it all together, and your competition picture is the finished product? How long did it take to get to competition level?

You've got to be using CO2 on that haven't you, it just looks too lush and healthy for it to be a low tech set up?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well done Tripping Willow 91 Tripping Willow 91 , a spectacular tank.
I actually entered myself this month but as soon as I saw your picture I knew it wasn’t going to be the month for me.
Yeah, it's a bummer that. You think you have a fighting chance and then some dude crushes your aspirations. It happened to me on POTM. I thought I had a pretty good entry but there were a lot of entries that month, a good few better than mine too. I still got about 5th or 6th though out of 20 or so, so not too shabby, lol.

Tripping Willow 91

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2021
England (Bedfordshire)
Wow, so that last picture is the very early stages when you first put it all together, and your competition picture is the finished product? How long did it take to get to competition level?

You've got to be using CO2 on that haven't you, it just looks too lush and healthy for it to be a low tech set up?
Yes that's right that picture is the day after I planted it all up and the comp photo is 6 months later.

The tank is no longer running, it became more maintenance than I wanted but yes I was injecting co2. My current tank is a lot less planted, more natural looking and way easier on maintenance ?

Reactions: Deadeye and deeda

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Well done! I think Ogertron and I had the same problem!!
Were you running Co2 on that tank? Love to do something similar.
Yeah, it's a bummer that. You think you have a fighting chance and then some dude crushes your aspirations. It happened to me on POTM. I thought I had a pretty good entry but there were a lot of entries that month, a good few better than mine too. I still got about 5th or 6th though out of 20 or so, so not too shabby, lol.
I guess it just the way it goes, you dont know what you will be up against until the voting starts.
Its all a bit of fun anyway, in this case the best tank of the month won fair and square.
It was bit of a landslide result this time, i got 1 vote so thanks to whoever that was!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store