Juruense Update

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Absolute stunner!

thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter this jur is starting to show the signs of the "fading" we've talked about: the brown is the markings color, and as it gets larger, the pattern fades out, allowing more of the yellow to show through. This guy is starting to fade really nicely under his adipose fin, and somewhat under his dorsal. This is the kind of fish that could have the mosaic pattern with relatively little brown if allowed to grow out to 24" or so.

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Absolute stunner!

thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter this jur is starting to show the signs of the "fading" we've talked about: the brown is the markings color, and as it gets larger, the pattern fades out, allowing more of the yellow to show through. This guy is starting to fade really nicely under his adipose fin, and somewhat under his dorsal. This is the kind of fish that could have the mosaic pattern with relatively little brown if allowed to grow out to 24" or so.
Thanks. This is truly my favorite fish. All plans are centered around it. I'll keep you updated every now and then. Plan is to get him to 2ft plus!

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
You have chosen well! This is easily my favorite catfish species. I've got a 550 set aside for one :)
This one will be going in an 8 x 4 plywood aquarium at some point. Hoping to start on it this weekend. I've ordered my epoxy resin and have the lumber. The tanks have taken the back burner at the moment with my 1st born in October. Glad I have drip systems on them!

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Drips are a lifesaver!

What's your water parameters look like? Your guy has a really nice expression of his pattern, he seems happy. Soft water?

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Drips are a lifesaver!

What's your water parameters look like? Your guy has a really nice expression of his pattern, he seems happy. Soft water?
I haven't even checked the hardness to be honest. Ph is around 7.5. I am on a well and don't treat the water. I do control what I can with water changes. Nitrate is typically less than 20ppm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store