Just a few updates pics and videos.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Interesting! Flagtail is a herbivore and supposed to eat plants, and he ignores the plants too? Your Anubias are so lush and free of algae. Do you use CO2 and dose fert?

I’m no expert in PB, but look like you have more than one species. They have amazing color and get along well. I can watch their interaction all day long too.
Flagtail doing eat a lot of plants. They leave the anubias alone and I’ve had them with swords without issue as well. It is indeed two species of bass.

Thank you for the compliments Andrew.

Reactions: tlindsey

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Really nice tank. I love that you've added plants, below and above water, something that should be done in monster tanks way more often considering the benefits. I can tell your fish feel really happy and content in there. It is nice to see a well thought of tank setup for a change.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Really nice tank. I love that you've added plants, below and above water, something that should be done in monster tanks way more often considering the benefits. I can tell your fish feel really happy and content in there. It is nice to see a well thought of tank setup for a change.
Thank you. The hope is that the pothos will help with the water in the event I get lax with my water changes. I also just love how they look. I tried simulating the look of both plants being the same in a type of flooded forest setting.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Very nice . Chunky critters.

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Most monster fish tanks have no plants or scape, just a few ugly flower pots. The OP always has plants and scape, just check out his historical setups in the East Coast. I don't know how he can manage protecting the plants from the fish, as I am struggling with mine.

Thank you. I try to spend as much time staring at this tank too but my wife would kill me if I spent all day in there.
It's worthwhile to invest in a remote camera and watch the tank in another room or away from home. Is the 600 gal tank located in the basement? My 125 and 75 show tanks are located in the living area so I don't need to hide in the basement cave to watch them. Sometime I use a binocular to watch the tanks at the other end of the room while doing something else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store