just a little DIY

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
so i have a canister with a chlroine filter inside it i use when re filling my tank but is what sucks is having to sit there and hold the rubber hose in the tank so it doesnt blow/stir sand up everywere and takes like a hour for it to re fill to the top during WC, and ive also had the hose fall out of the tank when filling it up and water running out all over my kitchen floor has happend like 6 times and im so sick of it so tried thinking of how to lock the hose in but even then it didnt really work, so i had some left 3/4" pvc pipe from when i did my spray bar thought i could shove the hose on the pipe with some elbows and all... but hose for my python wasnt the same size as the output ... so i ended up getting a adapter to accomadate the different hose and cut a few sections and attached some elblows just waiting for it to dry and air out any smell before i can use it to do a WC today might wait till tomorrow...here is pic of it, basically it hangs on the tank, and the water just flows/trickles enough and doesnt stir any sand up or anything :)

IMG-20121117-00406 (1).jpg

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
will try to get a pic of it sitting in the tank when i re fill it, and maybe even a short video of it we will see ... this could work for anyone if they dont wanna sit and hold a hose in there tank and to stop the sand from stirring up everywere if ya leave a hose in the bottom

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Lol nope not possible unless I leave it unaTtended for hrs .... Basically this replaces a rubber hose for when you re fill after a WC, I only have this out/hooked up after a WC to refill the tank.... If ya don't get what I mean you will see when I take a pic of it in the tank and a short video 2morrow

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Ahhh I see what ya mean and no mine won't do that I've tested it in the sink, withh full pressure and such... My faucet won't produce that much pressure

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
i liked using it so i didnt have to sit and hold a hose in the tank or worry about sand getting stirred up everywhere....you can just sit there and watch it fill up or go about do a few other things whil eit fills... the black duct tape is to cover up the hose clamp so it doesnt scratch the side of the tank all to heck,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store