Just a quicky...

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
I think they are proteus in with the angel.They were thrown in for free, didn't know it till I got the package. They are still young though, so might be lucius. Was hoping at first they were cincta, but then I saw the spot on the dorsal of the female (got a male and a female) so I knew that was out.

The two in the pictures I'm leaning towards males. They have the striations, plus they are outdistancing the other two growth wise. So hopefully two male, two female. *fingers crossed*

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Jer, are the two pictured the only ones with striations? Remember all three of my Marms
carry the muscle striations, but two of them are developing prominent white dorsal stripe.
Vin Kutty told me that the females will also carry the striations, but they will not be as prominent
and you would have to look harder to see them. But if they carry the white dorsal they are still
female whether they have striations or not.

I know I am repeating something you already know, but maybe this would help some of the
other members not familiar with the Lugibris sexing.:)

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Yeah, they aren't large enough for the coloration in the dorsals to come in just yet. They do both have striations, although the smaller ones are harder to see. The other two are growing much slower, which is another reason I think these two are males. We'll see though! :D

BTW...look at these johanna. You can CLEARLY see the striations of the male, but none on the female.

Crenicichla%20Johanna%20var2.jpg

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Seen that photo before. The only thing I can figure is as the females mature and bulk up that the muscle striations will fade or become less prominent.
I know I don't have any doubt that two of the Tapajos marms I have are female. Their dorsal stripes are becoming much more bolder/whiter and they still have the muscle striations.
On an off topic the female Trombeta has started a little color change, lately I have noticed her abdomen showing a pinkish tint.
On another off topic note. The 9" X1 that I thought was a male has just this last week started to develope a white stripe along the dorsal. All three marms at 6" started developing the dorsal stripe. I would never had thought that it would develope so late. Hmmmm
That makes three different females in the 125. Cant wait for all of them to complete their color change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store