just got my 12" female tapajos II

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
I dunno...female Cobras are red...completely....this one doesn't really look like a cobra pike to me. Could be. I'm still a little skeptical about it being female though....need a better picture. I've never really seen the tapajos...only seen xingu's....which is kewl. It would be good to put in some more hiding places. Hollow logs, PVC, drift wood, just things to break up the tank and terriroties. Pikes are extremely aggressive when it comes to other pikes if they aren't paired up. Luckily though, pikes go by the theory, outa sight, outa mind. So if the other pike can get away and out of sight, it generally won't be bothered. Problem with this is that the picked on pike will hide a lot...and possibly not eat.
I wish I could post pictures of my xingu I pair...they were pimp. I almost think they were actually xingu III from the way that my female looked. Anyway, they were just pimp, almost got them to breed for me a couple of times....which is awesome cuz Lugubris pikes are really hard to breed...lol. BUT I went away for a few days and my parents decided they wanted to feed some live fish to them cuz they were kewl to watch. Well, turns out the feeders had ich...by the time i got back the whole tank was overrun and there was no way for me to save them. Lost 4 fish to that...to say the least i was not happy. Large tank, low pH, soft water, and plenty of hiding places and your pike(s) will be lookin awesome!

Just a little eye candy for yaz...in a couple of weeks I will be hopefully gettin some of these bad boys, Crenicichla marmorata....been trying to get them for several years...finally my dream will come true!! :D http://images.google.com/images?q=Crenicichla marmorata&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
There are so many variants of tapajos out there...tapajos red, tapajos, all sorts. Chances are though, that that is a male...cuz females get the white on the dorsal and i don't see any white on that one yet. Even my xingu whatever female had white on her dorsal at 8"....so yeah....if it is 12" already..probably is a male. My female maxed out at 10"....chances are it might not even be tapajos...may even be a type of xingu....which is still awesome! I can't say though, cuz i really haven't seen all the pikes out there and you can go by pictures all the time.

aapl76

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
新加坡/Singapore
Peanut_Power said:
There are so many variants of tapajos out there...tapajos red, tapajos, all sorts. Chances are though, that that is a male...cuz females get the white on the dorsal and i don't see any white on that one yet. Even my xingu whatever female had white on her dorsal at 8"....so yeah....if it is 12" already..probably is a male. My female maxed out at 10"....chances are it might not even be tapajos...may even be a type of xingu....which is still awesome! I can't say though, cuz i really haven't seen all the pikes out there and you can go by pictures all the time.
great!!!! :cheers: humble to the max.... :)

cavallino

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2004
Singapore
aapl76 said:
great looking fish brudder....me looking for a tapajos for a berry long time already.... :cry:

btw, pardon me...i might be wrong....it looks more like a female cobra pike than a tapajos....
blahder.. i could be wrong lah.. but it was sold to me as tat.. :grinno:

you wan? :)

sen_jie

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2005
looks fierce.. i bet under ur care, the colour will return in no time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store