Keeping Marine Hammerhead Shark in captivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanobsession289

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Monterey, CA
I was also curious what you feed them and what sort of shark tab vitamins you use? Or if you use them at all? I was also wondering if you don't mind me asking who it was you spoke to at Monterey? Sounds like it was my supervisor.

I'll try to post some pics of the hammers at Monterey Bay sometime.

Jabba954

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Bay Area
Nabbig2;3339119; said:
Ah, scalloped nice. That is the smallest species if I'm not mistaken. Awesome.
Bonnetheads are the smallest species.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Jabba954;3361879; said:
Bonnetheads are the smallest species.
Thats what I thought and sadly enough they turn up in stores here every once and a while.

aquatopusa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
oceanobsession289;3359651;3359651 said:
I was also curious what you feed them and what sort of shark tab vitamins you use? Or if you use them at all? I was also wondering if you don't mind me asking who it was you spoke to at Monterey? Sounds like it was my supervisor.

I'll try to post some pics of the hammers at Monterey Bay sometime.
Sorry for the late response. They eat squids and this makes it simple to put the vitamine tablets from Aquaecosys into the squids' body and keeps the sharks healthy. I spoke with John O'Sullivan. But he confirmed that Monteray Bay Aquarium does not have any more scallops and the last time they transported any was in 2002. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jabba954

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Bay Area
Dean, they have several scalloped hammerheads at the MBA in the Outer Bay exhibit. Gorgeous, fast, and very cool looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store