Keeping monster fish or keeping your wife/girl?

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
i would not allow any woman to offer me such an ultiumatum. there is a way to balance your love life and your hobby. you can have the best of both worlds, but if you think a cold-blooded slimy critter is better than a warm-blooded female, you might just be what some would consider to be introverted and a little bit of a weirdo. i like my fish but let's keep things in their proper perspective.

Jasmine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
New Zealand
Plenty more fish in the sea so to speak :)

I'm lucky us woman have the upper hand in these relationships and never experienced an ultimatum, even when I had 20+ tanks and breeding fighters.

Just brought a 7 footer, and partner is as excited, but if anyone asked me to give up my pets, there really is plenty more fish in the sea, whereas a pet is devoted on you and will never leave :)

xfkx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2009
Canada
Haha Oh my. I agree, date someone who shares the interest! A while ago my ex gave me a whole bunch of grief just for setting up a 30 gallon community tank. He thought it was weird for a girl to like fish..

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
We seriously need some sort of MFK singles forum for meeting other fishkeepers :)

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Of course I would take my wife over the fish,but someone that would issue an ultimatum like that is not into you.They are into being in a relationship on thier terms and if you can be beaten into the role,they will settle for you.Not a great place to start,run away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store