Kewpie's Pewpie err Fish

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Yup, agree w/ Darren. It's a hit or miss. A breeding pair of salvini are guaranteed problem as they are extremely aggressive. But it comes down to the individual salvini. I find females are less agressive than males.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Kewpiefishypewpie if your interested in keeping it a biotope maybe a group of laguna noh passionis would be nice.
Passionis are a great thorichthys too.
Have a look at some of Steves pictures.
If you only end up keeping a pair of heterospilus you could add a group of meeki and a group of passionis. These 2 thorichthys are often found together in the wild.

Reactions: Toiletcar

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Also I have had the opposite happen where a firemouth killed a salvini a long time ago in a 55g.

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Kewpiefishypewpie if your interested in keeping it a biotope maybe a group of laguna noh passionis would be nice.
Passionis are a great thorichthys too.
Have a look at some of Steves pictures.
If you only end up keeping a pair of heterospilus you could add a group of meeki and a group of passionis. These 2 thorichthys are often found together in the wild.
Thanks, I love these guys. Much more peaceful option and would look great w/ hets. These guys are still small and range from 3-5".

IMG_3821.JPG

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4584.JPG

IMG_4585.JPG

IMG_5061.JPG

IMG_5083.JPG

IMG_5085.JPG

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Beautiful fish Steve,and they just keep getting better and better with age.
All this thorichthys talk is giving me extreme withdrawal symptoms.
Man,what have I done?:(
Lol thanks. Luckily most thorichthys species will always be there in the hobby.
I'm actually thinking about getting rid of the meeki, because of their aggression and once these fish grow, the tank will be overstocked.

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Lol thanks. Luckily most thorichthys species will always be there in the hobby.
I'm actually thinking about getting rid of the meeki, because of their aggression and once these fish grow, the tank will be overstocked.
Overstocked for my liking I should say.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
kewpiefishypewpie kewpiefishypewpie did you decide on what livebarers? Select Aquatics has a lot of good info on these species.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
I haven't yet, I was going to look for a tank yesterday but the drinks kept flowing saturday night and I got as sick as a high schooler. I definitely want the tank up and running before I buy.

Reactions: Toiletcar
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store