Keyhole Cichlid aggression

Zanzag

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2019
Central PA
Yeah just 1 should be fine. And as long as you trust your tetra they should be fine. The bolivian would still be okay too.

Ravynn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2019
Canada
Yeah just 1 should be fine. And as long as you trust your tetra they should be fine. The bolivian would still be okay too.
Awesome. I was wondering for the longest time if an angel could go in the 40 breeder but couldn't find much about definite tank sizes for them.

Zanzag

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2019
Central PA
Yeah you have a tall enough tank for it to spread its fins. Thats gonna be what it cares about. I think a 20 tall is the minimum and the emphasis is on the added height

Ravynn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2019
Canada
I picked up a bolivian ram the other day to try out with the keyhole. After qt if it doesn't work out, he/she will go in my other tank with no other cichlids.

Reactions: Zanzag

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
An angelfish would likely be a good addition imo, most are quite compatible with peaceful, acara/geo shaped cichlids ime. They can vary in size, according to original species, breeding strain, etc. Some I've had would fit nicely in a 40 and some would be big for a 40.

I say most would be compatible, they can vary in temperament-- yes, that again. :)

Example is I've had two groups of wild Peru scalare, first group got along great with each other. Current group fusses with each other constantly, though quite peaceful with the geos I'm growing out with them.

Ravynn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2019
Canada
An angelfish would likely be a good addition imo, most are quite compatible with peaceful, acara/geo shaped cichlids ime. They can vary in size, according to original species, breeding strain, etc. Some I've had would fit nicely in a 40 and some would be big for a 40.

I say most would be compatible, they can vary in temperament-- yes, that again. :)

Example is I've had two groups of wild Peru scalare, first group got along great with each other. Current group fusses with each other constantly, though quite peaceful with the geos I'm growing out with them.
What types have you had that would fit in a 40?

Ravynn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2019
Canada
My local store got in keyhole cichlids. Quite a few months after I asked to get them in... but i'm posting because i'm wondering if it would be a bad idea to pick up a young keyhole to put with my male? Should I just stick with him? (it's still just him in there by the way).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store