Killed 4 clown loaches

itchy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2006
NYC
I never had any luck with clown loaches mine always seem to die within a year or so.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Mine have been doing great for a couple of years.

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Yeah, medication killed mine too :(

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I have had the occasional bout of ick, but otherwise but otherwise very healthy and active. I keep them at about 78-80 to prevent disease.

feizhai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2005
Upper Serangoon Area
if your clowns get ich, don't use meds, just add salt. make sure its salt without caking agents - buy it from a reputable aquarium, doesnt have to cost a lot. it also helps to raise the temp of the tank with a heater... but that's too tricky for me so i just stick to salt and more frequent but smaller water changes.

Josh Hansen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2006
Dayboro QLD Australia
I have always used cold water from the tap and have no drama with clownloaches but I do live in sunny warm Queensland. If cold water is a shock maybe you can look at reducing the amount of water taken out from 50% to 30%. Are you sure the clownloaches have died from cold water and not other factors from the tap water e.g high chlorine.

Anyway I am sorry about your clownloaches and please not to be too dishearted about it.

from Josh

Micky_Fahaka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2006
Chesterfield, UK
First time I got some clowns I had 2 go missing.....then I caught the culprit, my 6" Lobster, seems he prefered clowns over any of the other fish in the tank. But now I have a few of em and there doin great!!!!!

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
I went to go buy some and when they were moved from their tank to a bag 1 of them just immediately died and last all color. Like a fast heart attack. Very odd. I guess cause their heart rates are so fast, they are high strung to begin with, that any shock will just wipe them out.

limz_777

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
I bought 4 clown loaches last week and immediately loved them. I did a water change about 5 days after I got them and like an idiot used only cold water to refill. The clown loaches went into shock from the drastic temperature change and never came out of it. The next morning they were all dead on the bottom. While I had seen fish go into shock from cold water, I have never seen one die from it. Lesson learned.

how many percent water change?cold water is aged ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store