King Lai x vieja synspilum. Any thoughts?

JediScum.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2009
san jose
I had this female King Lai or so i though until she/he tried to breed with my KKP who was definitely a female. So I'v been trying to introduce Him to my Veja Sys, however she is way to shy. Anybody know what the odds are of a likely match?

loureyes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
It will take alot of patience Synspilums are too shy imo I have a male and a female and they wont breed with each other or anything else for that matter my male is the biggest fish n a 225 gallon with a female rosequeen and misc growouts and he isn't even show interest in breeding. My female will act interested when divided and as soon as she is with a male she acts terrified even though there is no aggression twards her. Byfar the most skittish CA cichlid imo. I have been searching the web for different methods to spawn them and have tried most with no result

Camphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
Howell, Michigan
Synspilum is used to make kamfa. It can and has been done hundreds of times. Keep trying it sounds like a good mix. I would rather breed to a synspilum than a parrot any day. Just imagine how genetically stronger the fry will be.

Are you sure the king lai is a male? Females go lesbian for each other all the time. With flowerhorns females should be 2/3-1/2 the size of the male. Post some pics.

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
Pairing up with something like that may take you through multiple males. Expect to have a lot of Vieja looking fish with a variety of pearls and pearless fish. The kok gene will either be a hit or miss...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store