King of diy exposed?

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I’ve watched quite a number of Joeys DIY videos, & although I don’t care too much for the interview videos, I do like the ones where he tours big aquariums/shops.

I’m not gonna comment much on the guy’s personality. He’s a recovered gangster & it’s a real wonder he’s not more rude and abrasive. I’m glad he’s not making his living beating people up.

But I learned something very important from watching his show, which is that it’s much easier to stuff an aquarium with 12 big tanks than to care for it all close together like that.

Or care about it. The more fish that I own the less I can care about each individual one.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I’ve watched quite a number of Joeys DIY videos, & although I don’t care too much for the interview videos, I do like the ones where he tours big aquariums/shops.

I’m not gonna comment much on the guy’s personality. He’s a recovered gangster & it’s a real wonder he’s not more rude and abrasive. I’m glad he’s not making his living beating people up.

But I learned something very important from watching his show, which is that it’s much easier to stuff an aquarium with 12 big tanks than to care for it all close together like that.

Or care about it. The more fish that I own the less I can care about each individual one.
The only fish he seems to keep long term, and that he does genuinely care for are his arowana and his rays, they're his love in the hobby.

The rest of his tanks he keeps chopping and changing round. He'll try this fish, try that fish, usually because of constant pressure from his army of adoring you tubers who always want him to keep trying new things. And of course that's what he does to keep them all happy so they stay with his channel.

He's already stated that he's tired of that approach now. He'd rather keep a tank, and it's stock, for the long term, rather than chop and change all the time.

At one point you literally couldn't keep up with the guy. If you missed a couple of his you tube shows, and then tune in one time, he'd have a load of different stock. His RTC came and went, as did his GG. His rainbow tank didn't last that long and he had a huge shoal of clown loach which is down to hardly any now, there's loads of other stuff that's come and gone.

I do prefer him though to a lot of the other you tubers.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
I'm Bi polar, I also have ptsd as I'm a war vet. Not all people in our position act the way he does, demeaning others for clicks or personal gratification. I'm new to this hobby and the most informative you tuber who keeps his video's sweet for us feeder fish is Kaveman

Reactions: suresh2989 and Ulu

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I used to watch quite a bit when he had the flower horns and also the Oscars and the bass. I don’t care that much for Arrowana or stingrays actually. They’re unusual fish but not for me.

Reactions: jacktar and FINWIN

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
I'm Bi polar, I also have ptsd as I'm a war vet. Not all people in our position act the way he does, demeaning others for clicks or personal gratification. I'm new to this hobby and the most informative you tuber who keeps his video's sweet for us feeder fish is Kaveman
He looks like WWE Hall of Famer The Godfather. LMAO.

• Haha
Reactions: jacktar

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
He looks like WWE Hall of Famer The Godfather. LMAO.
Ha, he sure does look like one, ex USMC. When you start listening to him you find he is unscripted and easy on the ear, no cringe worthy funny stuff.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
That's funny (as in strange) you say that about being bipolar. I have guessed joey was bipolar but I don't think it's been confirmed.

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
That's funny (as in strange) you say that about being bipolar. I have guessed joey was bipolar but I don't think it's been confirmed.
I had hunch when first watching his interviews then he confirmed it about halfway through this video, along with some other conditions he speaks of, good on him for being open. What caught my attention in this video was his attempt to embarrass Alex by debunking his research into the very first aquariums, he was googling during the interview and not researching before, Alex smashed him!

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I had hunch when first watching his interviews then he confirmed it about halfway through this video, along with some other conditions he speaks of, good on him for being open. What caught my attention in this video was his attempt to embarrass Alex by debunking his research into the very first aquariums, he was googling during the interview and not researching before, Alex smashed him!
Yeah I didn't watch the video. I don't believe half the stuff he says, I think along with being bipolar he's a pathological liar, or at least exaggerates the truth...a lot.

Reactions: Fguinan and jacktar
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store