King of diy exposed?

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
Yeah I didn't watch the video. I don't believe half the stuff he says, I think along with being bipolar he's a pathological liar, or at least exaggerates the truth...a lot.
Yep mate he is full of it IMHO, most of the video was about him and when it wasn't he was trashing other you tubers, gleefully. Really pisses me off when people use some conditions to justify their attitude toward others. Mood swings yes, bit of grandiosity yes, crapping on others for the sake of it, that's a choice.

Reactions: twentyleagues

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Well I can’t see how anybody would find this surprising. Let’s say it’s a well known side effect of being a celebrity. People get jaded and self-important. Joey has had some troublesome roll models. It doesn’t help.

Anyhow he is younger than my own children so I find it difficult to trash on him unnecessarily. There are so many really awful people in this world to criticize.

Joey is a really small fish on the world scene.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Well I can’t see how anybody would find this surprising. Let’s say it’s a well known side effect of being a celebrity. People get jaded and self-important. Joey has had some troublesome roll models. It doesn’t help.

Anyhow he is younger than my own children so I find it difficult to trash on him unnecessarily. There are so many really awful people in this world to criticize.

Absolutely agree that in a world full of messed up people he's nothing. But in the relatively small ecosystem of the fish keeping hobby and even smaller YouTube personalities that keep fish he's not. I think I'd have an easier time excepting him if he just told the truth and said I do this for fame and money and I change stuff up all the time because I want to or I'm driven to by my disorders not because I'm trying to expand the hobby and it's all for everyone else.
I watch a few YouTubers in the fish keeping arena there are a few that are way worse and a few that are better but most are there to promote themselves and don't try to deny it. If anyone on YouTube helps this hobby it's a good thing. I'm not saying he's all bad I watch him from time to time and like a lot of the others I do it mostly for entertainment not to learn from or copy them. I've been in this hobby most of my life, most YouTubers don't have anything to teach me. I'll watch them while I'm on lunch or in the morning before work. Longer live streams like someone talked about above I'll have playing while I'm doing tank maintenance, things you don't really have to watch so much as listen to. Every once in a while I'll hear something that will make me say hey! That's a cool idea or whoa! What a dummy. Either way it's entertainment.
When I'm doing something I need something going on in the background if I don't have that I'm way less productive. Its been that way my whole life, if they diagnosed ADHD and all that when I was a kid I'm sure I'd have one of those. So over the last few years it's been mostly YouTube, music doesn't always do it for me. I used to "watch" movies when I needed to concentrate not something I haven't seen before, I'm really good at Arnolds one liners lol.
I'll be back.

Reactions: jacktar

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021

Well I take my hat off to you ULU if you find it difficult to trash the younger generations, which have been hammered these day's just for wanting a better future.
But I have to disagree with you as far as Joey's concerned, not many of us have followings as large as his and if he wants to do things like call kids fat and ugly on his platform he opens the door for backlash, he's old enough for it.

That old saying : The ultimate tragedy is not the cruelty of the bad people but the silence over them by the good.

Reactions: twentyleagues

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
He has plenty of detractors already, bud. I’ve read some of the comments.
_________

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a better life. That’s what everybody wants if they have a working brain.

The difference between one man & the next is how they go about it all. The only thing guaranteed is that if you don’t try hard you will fail.

Only fantastic luck will boost you over that.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I don’t know why everyone gets so uptight about this guy, I’ve seen a few of his videos and wasn’t inspired to watch any more so I’m not a fan of him at all. I just now choose not to watch him as I don’t find him interesting and he is a bit of a tosser in my opinion but honestly good luck to him.
He’s making a decent living doing what he loves and from what I’ve seen he isn’t doing anything outrageously bad or giving stupid advice. Maybe he’s not doing everything exactly right but he’s not cruel orputting big fish in tiny tanks so I don’t understand why everybody wants to catch him out and show how bad he supposedly is.
Really to me he’s just an annoying youtuber, if he’s annoying to you too then just don’t watch him. Spending time trying to bring him down when he’s not doing any real harm to anyone and is at least trying to do good for fishkeepers seems like a waste of energy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store