Knife i.d.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I want the brown knife for size, it stays smaller and for my African biotope. But that is the first glass knife I've ever seen so I guess they aren't too common, atleast in my area.
Gotcha.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I want the brown knife for size, it stays smaller and for my African biotope. But that is the first glass knife I've ever seen so I guess they aren't too common, atleast in my area.
Definitely good. Either get one or a good group. How big is the tank?

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
Definitely good. Either get one or a good group. How big is the tank?
Only a standard 55. I'll have a 125 if I ever finish getting rid of the african cichlids in it. I've thought of moving one of my biotopes to the bigger tank.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Only a standard 55. I'll have a 125 if I ever finish getting rid of the african cichlids in it. I've thought of moving one of my biotopes to the bigger tank.
125 would make an amazing African biotope. So many nice fish! :)

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
125 would make an amazing African biotope. So many nice fish! :)
Oh I'm sure it would :) but a local store has a pretty good size pike cichlid that I really really want. I'd also like to have a big school of filament or mascara barbs so I'm kinda torn on what to do.

blackbullhead

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2011
Certainly Eigenmannia, but not E. virescens.
E. virescens does not have any stripes or markings on its body, but you see the name commonly being applied to most of the glass knifefish. Unfortunately, all of Eigenmannia are very tough to tell apart and most are distinguished on the basis of subtle differences in bones and teeth.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store