Koi of the month?

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Plenty of pond fellows around. Who's got those asagi or ogons you know would make the neighbors beg for mercy? Those Koi have some serious powers. Has there ever been considered a contest for most beautiful koi? Photography would be mandated to be taken from above, preferable on a black or blue substrate. Lineage info would be optional, since the exact fish in question would be an individual, but heritage could easily become a factor and perhaps should be included during submission, to avoid the inadvertent submission of votes for absolute mutts. Any thoughts on this subject? Chime in, people!

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
It kills me how much people try to get for things. I wouldn't buy a super red Asian aro that cost $1.00 from that tank.

I am always seeing CL 55 gallon tanks for 200+ when you can get brand new kits for 155.00 at walmart or petsmart. I even saw a 50.00 10 gallon.

rclark12

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2009
new jersey
i actualy just took a few great shots of my lil ogon gold

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
I disagree, although a koi of the month contest would be good, for me as a koi keeper it's doesn't really work with the site.

We have POTM and TOTM which I think is fitting. Koi of the month would lead to Dat of the month, oscar of the month, aro of the month etc... Far too much to ask the staff to control.

Even a pond of the month is too much as there are not many posted that often(tropical or coldwater). This site does have a place for them just not enough for a monthly contest.

Just my 2 cents

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store