Koi pond eggs!?

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
So I was lurking around my fathers koi pond and saw these eggs in there. They're maybe 30 koi in there but temps are low and mainly in hiding in Chicago. I did observe frogs in there before so are these koi eggs? I would assume they would just drop them and not lay them like cichlids and what not.

Does anyone know if these are in fact fish eggs? Only fish are koi and frogs.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
They don' t look like any frog eggs I'm familiar with.

Could snail eggs be another possibility?

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
They don' t look like any frog eggs I'm familiar with.

Could snail eggs be another possibility?
This is outdoors anything fair game I doubt its koi where these rocks are it's hard for the big guys to even get on to lay eggs.

What else can "lay eggs" in a pond setting. So not Koi or frogs. hmmm snails are a possibility but do they look like this.

The temps get as low as 30 and high as 55-60 right now in Chicago.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
A local fly fishing specialty store may be able to id these eggs.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
They do resemble koi eggs but look a little off, maybe a insect
Yeah the big koi are 1-2.5 feet real monsters in there. They have spawned in the past and have a few that survived but I never saw the eggs. Where this rock is right by the "overflow" box and maybe 8" above water at max.

The area is literally a forest and is an actual pond 100 feet from the property. Tons and tons of dragonflies to mosquitos and all sorts of critters.

I really was hoping they might be koi.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
At first glance, I thought they maybe koi eggs but they look larger and somewhat irregular shaped. One other thing to consider, how about salamander? In my region we don't have any; so im not familiar with their eggs but maybe something along those lines

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store