Komodo Dragon vs Crocodile?

pudgeking

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
New York City
I would say the crocodile. The Komodo dragon is faster, more agile, and probably smarter, but I think it would have a hard time getting through the crocs armor

EvilTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
Earth iz di vord.
Uh, what species of crocodile are we talking here? A Komodo dragon wouldn't have a chance against, say, an adult saltwater crocodile, but it could easily take down an adult dwarf crocodile.
The K.D. has bacterial poison in its mouth and it's supposed to kill the prey with only one bite (lol). I'm talking about the common crocodiles yes, the largest.

I agree with Adamrhh.

A. gigas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
Correction, Komodos have venom. There are no special bacteria in their saliva, that was just a theory with no actual evidence behind it. Their venom is an anticoagulant, so the wound stays open and bleeding, and when the bitten animal goes and wallows in one of the many crap filled watering holes on those islands.... You can see how an infection starts.

That being said, a large Saltwater Crocodile could easily take down a large Komodo Dragon, simply because it would be so much bigger. Of course, the two species most likely come into contact with each other very rarely if at all, and neither would view the other as an easy meal, so I don't see why they would be fighting in the first place..

showcase gars

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2010
Tallahassee,Florida
This isnt really a good fight...croc will jus grab the komodo thrash him around a bit...komoodo may b able to b snake in a nice bite...chances are they both die...but in the chance the croc doesnt die from bacterial poisoning from the komodos spit then croc wins...komodo has no chance in this fight unless hes in a frenzy with friends to kill the croc...

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lil neet

I Love MFK
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2005
The komodos mouth would be so useless against one of the most tough skin in the animal kingdom .Even if the kom bit the croc it would not even do anything to it other then make a small scrape or cut .Crocs have also been proven to be resistant to almost evey virus or bacteria .The croc would kill the dragon within a few min at most .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store