Kristinn’s tanks

Gunfleet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2019
He will probably come out a lot more with other fish in there. I kept mine with silver dollars, black skirt tetras and platies. AKA fish that I didn't mind if he ate. I kept mine fairly well fed, so he only half heartedly went after the other guys even as he matured.

Reactions: Kristinn

Kristinn

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2017
Here are some shots of the Erythrinus. He has now been moved to a QT tank after a very dramatic tank mate experiment. I introduced a young Salvini pair into the tank and right away he bit like half of the females tail off. He was about to go in for the kill, but I got him out of there. I will most likely just build another tank for the Erythrinus to stay in solo.

91E4C70A-1734-482C-86C5-7E8E2E12D18E.jpeg

68EAB137-5185-4C61-8F7E-AFBDB0DE885C.jpeg

Gunfleet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2019
He's probably just a little stressed. Wolf fish can and will eat about anything and bones do not matter.

Reactions: Kristinn

Kristinn

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2017
So now the tank holds tha Salvini pair, a herotilapia multispinosa pair and 6 mollies, everything was okay until I decided to medicate the tank yesterday. The reason was I had some paracite issues in my other tank and have been using the same nets and stuff back and forth plus the mollies were showing some clamped fins and stuff and I figured some antibactierial wouldn't hurt considering the salvini female's wounds. So I put in the normal dose of paraclense, marycin and Ich-X and this morning the tank was cloudy and most of the fish gasping for air at the top, then very shortly tha male salvini starts showing some extreme dying behaviour (sinking to the bottom, smashing into the substrate and decor, floating upside down, etc...). So I did a 80% waterchange but meanwhile the salvini male died. Has anyone had a similar experience with those meds? I think they might have maybe killed a lot of beneficial bacteria and/or depleted the water of oxygen.

• Sad
Reactions: Deadeye

Gunfleet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2019
looking good. what size tank are you going to move him into? What's the story on tankmates for him?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store