L-25 question?

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
So will two scarlet plecos get along in the same tank. Tank would be a 220g one pleco is 10 inches the other is 13 inches.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
you try to sex them? i’d imagine a m/f would be good...

my tanks with multiple plecos the ones with the same species get along -

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
In my opinion, with multiple territories and hiding places yes they should be able to be kept together in a tank that size. Will they always get along - no, and in my experience, even having a pair won’t change that, they will still fall out.
They do hide more than some plecs but the main issues may occur in darkness. This is a plec that will stand its ground with most fish as you probably know.

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
In my opinion, with multiple territories and hiding places yes they should be able to be kept together in a tank that size. Will they always get along - no, and in my experience, even having a pair won’t change that, they will still fall out.
They do hide more than some plecs but the main issues may occur in darkness. This is a plec that will stand its ground with most fish as you probably know.
Yes I have a 15 inch L-25 in my other 210g and it and my zebrina pike will have some territory disputes at times.

Reactions: Fishman Dave
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store