L096

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
Frying to find out collection point, I think it ma have been Rio do Para.
The fish is definitely on the darker side, almost grayish purple. When it gets excited the pectorals turn red like smaller 7 point L24. No spots on it at all.
Will try to get better pics but it just started coming out to eat and usually doesn't sit still very long.
IMG_7391.JPG

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
Most L096 is not very attractive, but some speicimen will grow into beautiful yellow/gold body and orange/red fins. My L096 for example, haha, it took 6 months from grey dull to the one in photo.

View attachment 1336877
I know this is an old post, just wondering if there is any other keeper of L096 other than OP has one turn into this color. Just got a L096 that’s very light color compared to others in the tank and all the fins are much more orange than the others.

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
Frying to find out collection point, I think it ma have been Rio do Para.
The fish is definitely on the darker side, almost grayish purple. When it gets excited the pectorals turn red like smaller 7 point L24. No spots on it at all.
Will try to get better pics but it just started coming out to eat and usually doesn't sit still very long.
View attachment 1341089
Beautiful pleco, just curious if yours ever turn yellow or gold with red fin? I just got one very similar to yours.

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
I'm in the process of rescaping my tank so they're all a bit skittish right now but I'll put up some new pictures of him. It's sort of a greyish purple with yellow/gold spines. The tips of it's dorsal and tail are red. Hard to describe. It does change color a bit but nothing too drastic. Still no spots on it.

It's also gotten incredibly fat! Was sure it was a male and still think it is but I could be wrong given the girth of it.

Would love to see yours!

Reactions: Eric1115

Eric1115

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2020
In the picture it doesn’t looks as orange but in person it looks much lighter color and the fins are more orange. It was the one that’s the lightest comparing to all other one. The rest are more grayish with yellowish fin. Again, my first L096 so no clue how it suppose to look.

Reactions: DHarris

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
Gorgeous fish, it looks terrific!

Here's a more recent picture of mine, please ignore the drip marks on the glass.
I haven't seen many look like this one so don't go by mine as what they're supposed to look like.
You've got a great example of an L96

IMG_3415.jpeg

pga7602

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2009
LA CA
Gorgeous fish, it looks terrific!

Here's a more recent picture of mine, please ignore the drip marks on the glass.
I haven't seen many look like this one so don't go by mine as what they're supposed to look like.
You've got a great example of an L96

View attachment 1446257
This is a really unique colored one. I like the purple fins.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store