L137 blue eyed red fin pleco

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Guys how are they with hiding ? One guy in an old post said his was always out and about.

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
How big is that guy. Man its stunning !
I’ll have to get a measurement for you when I get back home. I’d estimate around 8 inches.
Guys how are they with hiding ? One guy in an old post said his was always out and about.
This one is definitely more active than my royal. It comes out for food and explores the tank often. It will still seek out a shelter and hide but not the entire day. It’s extremely active when the lights go out though. (As with any Pleco) I’m really happy with it because I’m not ready to pull the trigger on a true blue eyes yet!

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I’ll have to get a measurement for you when I get back home. I’d estimate around 8 inches.

This one is definitely more active than my royal. It comes out for food and explores the tank often. It will still seek out a shelter and hide but not the entire day. It’s extremely active when the lights go out though. (As with any Pleco) I’m really happy with it because I’m not ready to pull the trigger on a true blue eyes yet!
Thx man. Im more than likely going to order one. In june im going to be moving. It will be a 12 hr drive more than likely. Figure another few hrs to set everything up. Are they delicate?

Reactions: Rob909

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Thx man. Im more than likely going to order one. In june im going to be moving. It will be a 12 hr drive more than likely. Figure another few hrs to set everything up. Are they delicate?
he’s pretty hardy. He punks my big Royal whenever it comes out though. They’re getting better though. Never had any split or torn fins with this guy(or gal) and it takes to food really well. Broccoli is one of the favorites but it will eat repashy morning wood, massivore pellets, cucumber and pumpkin. Anything I throw in that all the other fish let go to the bottom.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
he’s pretty hardy. He punks my big Royal whenever it comes out though. They’re getting better though. Never had any split or torn fins with this guy(or gal) and it takes to food really well. Broccoli is one of the favorites but it will eat repashy morning wood, massivore pellets, cucumber and pumpkin. Anything I throw in that all the other fish let go to the bottom.
Im not big on veggies lol only out of laziness. Because of the bichirs and cats i always have meaty foods around. Theres always a caveat with nice fish lol

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Mine hid all the time until I started to offer Zucchini. Now he's not as shy and comes out periodically. I think it recognizes me at this point as a source of food. Once it realizes there's no Zucchini coming it's way, it just casually goes back hanging upside down in the driftwood.

Reactions: Rob909 and jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Thx guys a fish this good looking deserves to be cared for properly. I better stick with Scobinancistrus and Pseudacanthicus for the time being.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store