L25 / Luteus with rays...

Orthopod

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Seattle
I have seen some of Vince's tanks that have them together and wondering if anyone has any other experience with this?

I have 15 + inch luteus and L25 that I am wondering how they would do in the 450 ray tank.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thx

Reactions: vincentwugwg

Orthopod

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Seattle
Strangely, I have an L24 which is significantly more aggressive than my L25s which actually chases the cichlids in the tank. He's in a Malawi predator tank will actually free swim around chasing the inhabitants.

My worry is that the Plecos would latch on to the disc of the rays, but I would love to have a tank with paeudacanthicus, hypostomus and rays.

Dragon Hunter

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2006
lalaland
Do NOT Do It!!

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
I have seen some of Vince's tanks that have them together and wondering if anyone has any other experience with this?

I have 15 + inch luteus and L25 that I am wondering how they would do in the 450 ray tank.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thx
I would try with the luteus first... your fish, your tank.... no one can tell you what you can and can not do with them :) Here are a few videos with rays and luteus in them.
1. video link .. there are 2x luteus that are about 16 inches .. they have been living with rays for about 8 months with no issues whatsoever :
2. video of 2x luteus that are also about 16 inches.. one of the 2 has been with me for almost 3 years, been with rays for 2.5 yrs. Again, never any issues.

Orthopod

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Seattle
I would try with the luteus first... your fish, your tank.... no one can tell you what you can and can not do with them :) Here are a few videos with rays and luteus in them.
1. video link .. there are 2x luteus that are about 16 inches .. they have been living with rays for about 8 months with no issues whatsoever :
2. video of 2x luteus that are also about 16 inches.. one of the 2 has been with me for almost 3 years, been with rays for 2.5 yrs. Again, never any issues.
Awesome! I love your tanks and collection and that you have integrated the fish so well.

I am going to have to try it. I may have to pick up another luteus or 2. They are pretty active and love the phases.

Only Pleco that I have seen that is significantly more active then the luteus is the L95 which I am also a fan of.

Reactions: vincentwugwg
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store