lake sturgeon

redbellyPirahna4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
in front of my cichla tank,IL
does anyone know of any good spots in wisconsin where you can still catch lake sturgeon and keep them? cuz the place i use to go you can only catch and release them.
cuz i havent gone sturegon fishing since 06 season. so i wanna plan out a trip to a nice spot where i could catch a nice one.

wonderboy1377s

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2009
wisconsin
redbellyPirahna4;3059146; said:
does anyone know of any good spots in wisconsin where you can still catch lake sturgeon and keep them? cuz the place i use to go you can only catch and release them.
cuz i havent gone sturegon fishing since 06 season. so i wanna plan out a trip to a nice spot where i could catch a nice one.
How far would you want to travel and when are you thinking about going?

redbellyPirahna4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
well i use to go up to a river that is up past greenbay that runs along border of wisconsin and michigain. so around that distance would be fine and i would wanna go around september 5th when the season opens

wonderboy1377s

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2009
wisconsin
redbellyPirahna4;3060820; said:
well i use to go up to a river that is up past greenbay that runs along border of wisconsin and michigain. so around that distance would be fine and i would wanna go around september 5th when the season opens
I take it your talking about the Menoninee river. You can keep on fish if you are upriver of the Hattie Street dam. Other places in Wisconsin where you can keep them are
Chippewa River: West Fork downstream from Moose Lake Dam (Sawyer Co.) and East Fork (Ashland Co.) downstream to the confluence of the Mississippi River (Pepin Co.) including sloughs, bayous, and flowages. Flambeau River: N Fork from Turtle-Flambeau Dam (Iron Co.) and S Fork (Price Co.) downstream to the confluence with the Chippewa River (Rusk Co.) including sloughs, bayous, and flowages. Butternut Lake (Price Co.) Jump River from the North and South Forks to the confluence with the Chippewa River (Rusk Co.); Yellow, Little Yellow, and Danbury Flowage chain of lakes (Burnett Co.); Wisconsin River below the Wisconsin Dells Dam (Columbia Co.) downstream.

other then that there is no where else you can keep them.

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
i would rather just catch and release one them keep one of these dinosaurs.

Hmong_Xiong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2009
Wisconsin
I went fishing last week on the fox river in Oshkosh by Eureka. I was setting my worm for a cat but I ended up with this huge sturegon. I had to cut my line because my buddy told me if I reeled him in I would get a big ticket. Off he went must of been atleast 4 feet. BTW they were breeding off the shore but I set my line in the middle of the river.

redbellyPirahna4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
thanks and yeah thats the river i was i talking about the Menoninee river. like the only reason i wanna keep one cuz i heard they r very tastey. do you know of any certain spot that is good for sturgeon on the menoninee river? but i might just end up going to that spot where its catch and realese only and just catch a nice monster and take bunch of pics and release em.
so there are sturgeon in the wisconsin river by the dells dam?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store