Lake Tanganyikan Turtles

lophius

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
UK
kieren, I'm in east yorkshire -

I have a good collection of monsters and have had a few from wharf in the past - Richard normally sorts me out with some good stuff - the thing with wharf is that the really good beasties go very quickly .. I've not been for more than 6 months but hear that at the moment the selection is not brilliant - I think they've been concentrating on the reptiles and marines.

I get fish from all over, pier at wigan is good, BAS at bolton, closer to me there's Birleys at sandtoft which occasionally has some good stuff (I got a B. filamentosum there), in hull there's Frisbys. I believe that there are quite a number of stores close to you that are pretty good - I have a mate that lives in sudnerland - i'll get a list of shops from him.

ALso, yes as far as I know the only truly aquatic freshwater turtle is the FRT from australia and PNG ...

carl

NjOyRiD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2005
Gatineau
Caveman said:
I remember seeing a video that National Geographic did on Lake Tanganyikan and they showed a Emperor Cichlid fighting a turtle. Not sure if it is the same kind of turtle you are talking about though since I saw the video like 5 years ago and just have vivid images of it in my head.

hahas i saw the video last night!
a lot of monster fish in there :)
Nice Puffer too!

yarok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2009
Somewhere
I remember seeing a video that National Geographic did on Lake Tanganyikan and they showed a Emperor Cichlid fighting a turtle. Not sure if it is the same kind of turtle you are talking about though since I saw the video like 5 years ago and just have vivid images of it in my head.
that was a terrapin

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store