Large alligator gars in captivity

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
You can also stuff some of the meat with pellets, after a while they should get used to the taste of it and recognize it as food. Typically it is harder to pellet train bigger fish, but it can be done.

have you tried hikari floating sticks or massivore, they have a texture that assimilates live food for large predators. Often it tends to win over most predators from what I have observed.

also have you checked out big rich videos at Ohio Gish rescue. I know they have some big gator gars, not sure if they are pushing over 4-5’ mark tho.

Also what are the dimensions on that pond, very cool set up. More pics please. Lol

Reactions: Kingdoffishcraft

Kingdoffishcraft

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
You can also stuff some of the meat with pellets, after a while they should get used to the taste of it and recognize it as food. Typically it is harder to pellet train bigger fish, but it can be done.

have you tried hikari floating sticks or massivore, they have a texture that assimilates live food for large predators. Often it tends to win over most predators from what I have observed.

also have you checked out big rich videos at Ohio Gish rescue. I know they have some big gator gars, not sure if they are pushing over 4-5’ mark tho.

Also what are the dimensions on that pond, very cool set up. More pics please. Lol
Seen the ohio fish rescue but i doubt those guys are breaking 4 ft

Reactions: Matteus

Kingdoffishcraft

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store