Large Black Labeo Shark in Miami Lake

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
1.5 years isn't too bad :D

Apologies for the delay in reply. Some pics of mine when I had it (I sold it on in the end due to the aggression levels). About 12" in size. Last pic with the black shark in frame as well (which I still have).
Yup, looks just like my hippo-sucking nightmare from Africa's Congo. Could be camera / lighting but the red spotting is hard to see. It is also a matter of mood, I notice on mine.

Nice labeo, looks like the rubropunctatus that I had a few years back. My black shark did not get on with it at all. Considering she is 24" total length, the punctuates knew how to beat on her (being smaller and more agile).
So the black shark in the shots is 24" total length? Awesome! Speechless. It must have something to do with good genes too, I believe. I've had three and the growth rate was quite different. One is still with me. It was medium-rate-growing. At about 8"-9" right now. Had it 2 years. Slo-o-ow.

Thank you again very much for the species ID.

Reactions: moe214

fishdat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2014
Western Canada
I miss my black shark, it was too peaceful though and couldn't survive with my red tail giant gourami, oscar, six bar, and walking catfish. Great picture!

Cichlas

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
Basingstoke, UK
www.totalfishkeeping.com
1.5 years isn't too bad :D

Yup, looks just like my hippo-sucking nightmare from Africa's Congo. Could be camera / lighting but the red spotting is hard to see. It is also a matter of mood, I notice on mine.

So the black shark in the shots is 24" total length? Awesome! Speechless. It must have something to do with good genes too, I believe. I've had three and the growth rate was quite different. One is still with me. It was medium-rate-growing. At about 8"-9" right now. Had it 2 years. Slo-o-ow.

Thank you again very much for the species ID.
I've had her for 23 odd years, so plenty of time for growth yet with yours..... lol

Reactions: moe214

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I've had her for 23 odd years, so plenty of time for growth yet with yours..... lol
Wha-a-a--at? Now I am really speechless. That's an astonishing accomplishment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store