Large bowl filter advice

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Sponge filters would work but you can also pick up miniture canister filters designed for nano systems. As odd it sounds...you might want to concider having your beta monster bowl drilled to cut down on clutter.

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
Wolf3101;1038243; said:
Sponge filters would work but you can also pick up miniture canister filters designed for nano systems. As odd it sounds...you might want to concider having your beta monster bowl drilled to cut down on clutter.
This what I was thinking. A bowl doesn't have much room at all so go with something external.

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
you could drill the bottom and then build a nice looking wood stand to house the mini canister. (I've seen them in LFS's and on Ebay.) You could use a single hole... return inside the pick up. By the time your done you'd have an aquarium that would make the cover of most fish magazines...

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
Wolf3101;1038257; said:
you could drill the bottom and then build a nice looking wood stand to house the mini canister. (I've seen them in LFS's and on Ebay.) You could use a single hole... return inside the pick up. By the time your done you'd have an aquarium that would make the cover of most fish magazines...
Damn you! Your giving me Ideas lol :) :). Now I am def. doing this. They have 18 gallon bowls at my LFS. Going to pick one up and do something cool with it like you mentioned lol.

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
I just figured out a stand... A wooden salad bowl turned upside down with a door cut in the back. I may have to make one of these myself now lol.

Joshy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2006
Essex, England
www.bbc.co.uk
Hahaha this is what i love about MFK, everyone thinks big and outside the box. On other sites you get "i dont know sorry" but here i get advice that just shows how you all take fish keeping to a new level.

Drilling nor building a stand are options for me, im just a student, and wanted to keep this simple. I am going to look into the mini UG filters like in the link i posted earlier, see if a LFS can order me one or even buy it off eBay for me.

Thanks for all the input people, i will update you all :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store