Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
0 ppm
If yes, what is your nitrite?
0 ppm
If yes, what is your nitrate?
40 - 80 ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
51-60%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hello everyone!

I’m gonna get down to it. I’ve got an approximately five-year-old flowerhorn that is approx 12+ inches. Over the last year or so he had developed white splotchy patches on his face and some on his fins. I have no idea what these are or where they are from. Water params are all good, weekly water changes and eats once daily. My nitrates tend to be fairly high, so I don’t know if I need to do more frequent or larger water changes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_6742.jpeg

IMG_6743.jpeg

IMG_6744.jpeg

IMG_6745.jpeg

IMG_6746.jpeg

Thetigeroscarkeeper1243

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2023
you can bathe the fish with salty water for 10 second and every day for 3-5 days. You can also use methylene blue for every other day for 5-10 days until the white spot disappear. This is very simple disease to treat for flower horn.

StephenJR90

Feeder Fish
May 25, 2023
What is it then? I only ask because this has been progressing for over a year. This isn’t something that showed up within the last month or so.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store