Largemouth Bass tank requirments

TJB101084

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2009
Arizona
Broski;4804127; said:
You probably could keep the bass up until they hit the 16-18" mark, provided you have very good filtration and have switched them off of live or messy foods. A well fed, 18" bass makes for a nice meal ;)
Thats crossed my mind once or twice. :) dont think I can do it though. I would almost rather throw them in the canal and give them a fighting chance first. (Not that I ever would release them in a canal)

Broski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2010
USA
Don't re-release fish back into the wild. You can sell them (or give them) to people who own private bodies of water that don't connect into streams or rivers.

Owain4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2011
amongst the trees
yeah it would be pretty dumb considering medication, and dechlorinater etc that you add to the water. I've seen threads with people thinking it was a good idea then ending up with food poisoning like symptoms

Dunbar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2012
United States
If you would have said any other fish than a musky I would have said "isn't it easier to catch one?" but in this case...I will keep my mouth shut haha.

Where would you go about getting a musky fingerling?

rasa92re

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
New York
I second Dunbar's question. I'd like to house a musky in another tank and then build a pond for it. As much as I search on google and get scam sites, I cannot find a reputable dealer of muskies. Anyone know where we can get a fingerling? I am trying Aquabid next.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Depending on how much you feed them they will grow slow or fast. Little warmer water and lots of food they grow fast. I had a couple that were around ten inches in my tank. Think of them like peacock bass.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
would never eat one of the fish i owned
Don't want to eat anything you give normal fish food to.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store