Largest Catfish Caught on Line!!!

BrtnBoy449

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
Michigan
JEAE21;1119085; said:
that peacock bass in his gallery is huge!
the thing looks like it's 4'!!

how did they catch the mekong? a net?

i think one or two of them were!

you should have seen the fights that they put up when i watched it on tv!

JEAE21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2007
CA
really? actually 4'..wow. i'm surprised MFK even let's people keep these fish then.lol

do you think anybody has it on youtube?
how long did it take them to reel the lunkers in? Actually what I want to know is what pound test line was used..

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
BrtnBoy449;1115572; said:
i saw that show on tv i wouldn't be surprised if it was the largest catfish caught on hook and line

by the way i think that it was a giant jaul (dont now how to spell it) catfish
lao lao

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
amazonfishman;1119078; said:
It's not a Jau; we had this discussion a while back it was a Piraiba and by my guestimates over 400lbs based on its size compared to other large piraibas I've found with pics/accurate weights. That is probably one of, if not the biggest catfish recorded that was caught on rod and reel however the biggest overall caught was that mekong giant catfish at 644lbs caught last june 2006 I believe or june 2005 I don't remember which.
Your right but that was not on rod and line i think the mekong was netted by local fishermen it came in at 646 pounds. one of the big boys caught on rod and line was a Wells (european catfish)The European record for the biggest freshwater fish is 294 pounds -- a catfish caught in the River Po in Italy.But they have been caught in Russia in nets to 700lb

this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABRBISg1D08&feature=related

So this is the "LARGEST CATFISH EVER CAUGHT ON HOOK AND LINE"

but take a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-jTsz1845o

thats not a Huge one Now thats a fish and a fight;)

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
Onion01;1115593; said:
jau catfish. They never stop growing, so older specimens can actually drown small children or people
that already happens. They will bite net fishermens feet and drag them into deeper water drowning them and then eat them.

HPIZZLE

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2007
likestofish;1321415; said:
that already happens. They will bite net fishermens feet and drag them into deeper water drowning them and then eat them.

false.
never heard of a jau doing that.

filas? yes. which IS whats in the video. it was OVER 400 pounds and a hair on the bigger side of 8 feet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store