Largest vatf in captivity

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I think you should try catching them and measuring them. How long do you think that will take? :)
Imo it wouldn't be worth the stress on these fish just to measure .... not to mention its a pain to net large vatf and you risk jumping

I've netted mine out 3 times in the 2.5 years I've had him when I had to upgrade him tanks and he's jumped out of small holes twice lol and that's with the tank water really really low lol

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
SandNukka15 SandNukka15 I was joking. I just like the image of him trying to wade through a 4,000g tank attempting to capture a VATF.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Imo it wouldn't be worth the stress on these fish just to measure .... not to mention its a pain to net large vatf and you risk jumping

I've netted mine out 3 times in the 2.5 years I've had him when I had to upgrade him tanks and he's jumped out of small holes twice lol and that's with the tank water really really low lol
I knew Nzafi was teasing. But yes, I dread if ever I have to catch them.

Funny that Nzafi should bring it up now - I just posted a video on my channel where I clumsily spend 15 min catching an RTC and a pacu in my 4500 gal...

I'll post a link to the video here in case you are curios.... but please, if you must comment, don't do it in this nice thread. I'd hate to derail it at all. Do it in my threads, e.g., my main thread in Video Lounge...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store