Largest Weeksii bichir??

CDM

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2005
PhullTank57;474159; said:
Definitely one of the more underated, yet beautiful and impressive mid-large size attaining species. I truly suggest getting for any polyfan that hasen't kept one yet... you will not be disappointed! :headbang2
Can't agree with you more. What was the size of yours on the pic? That one looks great, as well as the pic. Weeksii can be seen in our LFS occasionally, it's just when you want one, there's none available.

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
nice weeksii phulltank. is that last pic from a magazine? nice looking specimen!
xrayz good job nurturing yours back to health, its got great color.
cdm, i guess you've heard this enough already lol great looking bichirs and superb photo!

i'm not sure if its because not many keep them or if people have a hard time getting pics of them. most are pretty shy and like to hide from what i heard. i have one like that. but then i have another that is fairly active and swim all over.

a large weeksii is really an impressive looking fish! i used to have a weeksii that to this day i still consider the most beautiful i've seen. too bad it ate two small delhezi and that was too much to handle :( well anyway here are some pics. not sure why mine have such dark color.

weeksii2_005.JPG

weeksii3_011.JPG

weeksii4_035.JPG

CDM

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2005
LOL, I can live with that, Infblue. I was expecting yours to come. Yours looks happy to live in a nice setup tank.

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
P. weeksii is my favorite polypterid species. I have three 12-13" weeksii. I just suck at taking pictures. :(

tempest_brood1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
philippines
PhullTank57;474159; said:
Wow! Great pics of your weeksii, guys!
XRAYS, great job nurturing back that weeksii!! CDM, love that last 'graceful' pic... Beautiful! :)

Honestly, It's very surprising and hard to beleive that there aren't that many people that keep P. weeksii??... are they that 'rare' and hard to get in some parts and areas?? Definitely one of the more underated, yet beautiful and impressive mid-large size attaining species. I truly suggest getting for any polyfan that hasen't kept one yet... you will not be disappointed! :headbang2

May i know what species of bichir is that, Cuz i think i haven't seen that breed here in the philippines. The species that i've seen here are the ornate, albino senegal, senegal, and banded types.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store