Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

last time you had no tank?

Discussion in 'General Aquaria Discussion' started by justarn, Jan 4, 2013.

1. J. H.

J. H. MFK Members

pyh
      Today at 1:20 AM
      My mother kept tanks before I was born. My first word was "ish". I don't know when the fish stopped being my mother's and became mine. I can't beat Oddball because I had a few months recently between a complete tank crash and I was able to set up again. I currently have 2 tanks. My max was 3.

2. CaptainBirdsEye

CaptainBirdsEye MFK Members

Jamie McPeak
      May 1, 2017
      Blimey! Had a goldfish "6 month special" tank as a kid. Became a spider hutch.......

Then March 2005, I'm back into Fishkeeping and I've been suffering multi tank syndrome ever since.
      Never had 40 tanks!
      I look after a decent size 6x2x2 off site plus my own fish house. Currently I've more empty than full!
      But I still have 3 tanks with fish (+1 with fish in process of being removed)
      Maybe I'm adopting another at the weekend........
      I think 7 +3 off site was the most I tackled, all display for our pets.

3. livebearerfreak

livebearerfreak MFK Members

ask
      Jul 18, 2017
      Pretty much has tanks since I was 11, so 16 years

4. jeaninel

jeaninel MFK Members

Yesterday at 9:23 PM
    5. MrsE88

MrsE88 MFK Members

Kathryn
      Today at 7:48 AM
      Tanks? A couple years that I've had my own. Before that it was always helping my mom take care of the family goldfish. One I claimed as my own. My mom has kept a pond since I was a kid. So fish were inside in the winter and outside in the summer.

I was thrilled when my husband and I got a country home so I could finally have a pond. That was three years ago. Now we have the out door pond, an indoor pool for our koi and Goldie's that we can't bear risking them outside again, and two tanks for my tropical fish. If I had more room I'd have more tanks. Haha
      Fish only became a big interest to me when I realized there was so much more to fish keeping then throwing them in a tank or pond and praying they don't die.

6. robham777

robham777 MFK Members

Yesterday at 11:17 PM
      I had a couple in the 80's but lost interest until around 5 yrs ago. Made a trip to the Georgia aquarium and when I got home decided it would be nice to set up a 10 gallon for the kids. Within 2yrs I had 15 or so tanks running and my kids could care less about them.

Chub_by likes this.
    7. jclyde13

jclyde13 MFK Members

Jesse
      Yesterday at 4:01 AM
      I got my first aquarium around 1998, when I was 3 years old. There's only been one period of about a year or two when I didn't have at least one aquarium running, and it was because my sister and I wanted to get hamsters when I was like 12 or 13 (so that'd be 2007-2008), and my parents said that I couldn't have both, so I had to take down my 55 gallon aquarium if I wanted to keep hamsters. We had two dwarf hamsters, until one of them cannibalized the other, and then I went back to keeping fish. Lol.

So out of 19 years, there were only 1-2 years when I didn't have an aquarium.

#27 jclyde13, Apr 25, 2017
      Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    8. PYRU

PYRU MFK Members

Yesterday at 4:39 PM
      Dang I'm getting old. I guess I started around 10 and the only time ive never had a tank was for a year during a divorce 8 yrs ago. 24yrs Ive been doing this. Even traveling all over the place I always kept 1 tank and sent home money for supplies. This past year is the first time I've set up a tank under 75g in 14yrs.

9. mattison187

mattison187 MFK Members

Today at 7:03 AM
      Same deal with me. I went about 6 months without a tank, when i split with my ex. About 5 years ago. Other then that i have always had atleast 1 or 2 going minimum

10. Stanzzzz7

Stanzzzz7 MFK Members

Darren Stanley 5001
      57 minutes ago
      Since about 1978