Leaf substrate

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
You could possibly add almond leaves. Since when were tannins harmful to fish? Just a question

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Leaf litter as on a bare bottom tank should be fine, as long as you don't mind tannins and you change the leaf litter out every month or so.

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
I mean, if you look at the water these fish come from, the substrates are often a mix of rocks, sticks, leaves, seed pods, and similar things like that. I don't see why they would be harmful as long as the substrates don't have any pesticides or harmful chemicals on them. It's just a matter of whether these substrates are from that fish's native range or not.

Reactions: RTC probe 3

RTC probe 3

Jack Dempsey
Apr 22, 2018
I mean, if you look at the water these fish come from, the substrates are often a mix of rocks, sticks, leaves, seed pods, and similar things like that. I don't see why they would be harmful as long as the substrates don't have any pesticides or harmful chemicals on them. It's just a matter of whether these substrates are from that fish's native range or not.
i dont think the fish would have a problem livin in the tank even if the substrate was not from their native range, as theyre most probably used to tank life.

Reactions: Caveden
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store