Leak test for Cement pond

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Need advise with conducting Leak test for new cement pond.
I filled up my pond yesterday afternoon, and I added a piece of tape as a marker.
when i checked this morning the water level was about 1/2 inch below the marker tape.
Is this normal for new cement pond? or should i be alarmed and checking for a leak?

I noticed in the stand pipes, there's some water but only trickle?
could this be the cause of the reduced water level?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Just to ask the obvious...you did use a sealant, right? Untreated concrete will 'absorb' water.

With that out of the way. I'd refill the water to the marker line you made and check again in another day(or move your marker line). If it dropped again...I'd suggest you seriously start looking for a leak.

A trickle in the stand pipes shouldn't drop it that quickly although long term it will be an issue.

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Just to ask the obvious...you did use a sealant, right? Untreated concrete will 'absorb' water.

With that out of the way. I'd refill the water to the marker line you made and check again in another day(or move your marker line). If it dropped again...I'd suggest you seriously start looking for a leak.

A trickle in the stand pipes shouldn't drop it that quickly although long term it will be an issue.
The drop in water level has stopped at a certain level. We're suspecting its the connection between the cement and the stainless stell frame which holds the
glass in place.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store