Leaking PVC Bulkhead

davidkye

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2006
Los Angeles
I recently bought a 100 gallon tank with 6 holes for pvc bulkheads..and it is leaking.

It was originally used for a saltwater and i was wondering if i can still sell it and others can utilize it better than i can?

davidkye

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2006
Los Angeles
the bulkheads seem to be the right size. The rubber (gasket?) part goes to the exterior part of the tank, right? I have done these procedures and it has not worked.

Nate77

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2006
Manheim PA
And make sure the gasket stays in place when tightening.It took me 2 times to get them to stop leaking.

davidkye

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2006
Los Angeles
Did exactly as instructed...It did not go through. Thanks john and shoefreak. Imma try glue gunning the exterior part of the pvc.

davidkye

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2006
Los Angeles
I appreciate all the help from the members of mfk. So putting the gasket in the interior part of the tank and not overtightening the lock nut did not work. What does this mean? What can i do? Can I resell the tank for others purpose? Thanks a bunch!

Nate77

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2006
Manheim PA
See if you can get a new gasket they have to be on there just right.You want it tight but not to tight.{wrenching on it to hard}

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
davidkye;1042586; said:
Did exactly as instructed...It did not go through. Thanks john and shoefreak. Imma try glue gunning the exterior part of the pvc.

get new gaskets.this should be easy !!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store