Least favorite fish? I'll go first.

vfc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2007
Philadelphia
Hands down, my least favorite fish is the striped raphael catfish. I like nothing about them and I don't understand the fascination with them. They're super ugly and in my experience they don't move.

So, MFK, what fish do you feel the same about? Here's the catch... Pick 1 fish only ; )
I agree. I have a spotted Raphael that I got from my sister. I had to break one of my favorite ceramic ornaments apart as he got stuck in it. I removed all the hiding places for a few days and all he did was swim around trying to jam himself in any hole he could find. I finally gave in and made him a custom hiding place out of a ceramic cave and PVC pipe. I never see him leave the cave and I have to feed him buy putting sinking pellets in a tube and inserting it into the PVC pipe.

Steveo McNello

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2010
SW Burbs of Chicago
I agree. I have a spotted Raphael that I got from my sister. I had to break one of my favorite ceramic ornaments apart as he got stuck in it. I removed all the hiding places for a few days and all he did was swim around trying to jam himself in any hole he could find. I finally gave in and made him a custom hiding place out of a ceramic cave and PVC pipe. I never see him leave the cave and I have to feed him buy putting sinking pellets in a tube and inserting it into the PVC pipe.
Haha yup they're pretty much useless. I'm glad I saw some pacu votes though, they're my 2nd least favorite. Yeah I know I broke my own rule haha

doviiman

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
la,la,land
goby

vfc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2007
Philadelphia
does a blood parrot count as a fish? If so they are abominations. Otherwise guppies are pretty lame.
Now how can you not like a BP....lol. I have one as a center-piece fish in one of my tanks. Lots of personality. She has been ruling the tank for two years. When she gets mad, she rams her tank mates. It is funny to watch and no harm is done to the other fish.
PC193721.JPG

PC193721.JPG

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
If you had inactive Rafael Catfish you musta been doing something wrong, I used to have 2 and they were out all the time. At night I would watch them with a flashlight as they patrol the tank and interact with eachother, and if I had them during the day they would come out and start swimming around everywhere.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
rainbw shark 100%.....a****les

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store