Legal Freshwater Stingrays in California?!

Jjiang00

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2020
Hi so i’m just wondering how Stingray Biology is able to not only own stingrays in California, but sell them commercially? How did they manage to get the permit and is it because they framed it as a research facility first?

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I believe you can get a permit, but you absolutely CAN NOT have them in California. Josh's Fish Josh's Fish may know, and permit-wise, giseok jung giseok jung may have an idea.

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Hi so i’m just wondering how Stingray Biology is able to not only own stingrays in California, but sell them commercially? How did they manage to get the permit and is it because they framed it as a research facility first?
Short answer, yes. He has explained this issue in past videos. I believe he covers it in the king of diy''s tour of Kevin facility a year or two ago.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
Its such a farce. Research? My ass. He just sells to make profit.
Actually years and years of research has been done at the center to give you (the hobbyists) the aqualog books on freshwater stingrays as well as a ton of other written articles and material covered in various books, presentations, workshops, symposiums, ect. Another book is in the works... But by all means... Please spread more false information.

Reactions: LiAquat
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store