Leichardti/Jardini and bottom dwellers

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Ive been raising arowanas since i was like 6 yrs old. I had them with snakeheads, tinfoil barbs, catfish and other types of fish. I raise asian aro and silver and they really never bother any of the fish. They usually just swim around and do laps in the tank and using top to bottom making it enjoyable to watch.
Right now i have 3 silver aro with my bichirs and never really have a issue with them.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Arowana are my favorite fish! They are a lot more responsive than bichirs. I actually grew up in a household with an arowana for 10+ years before I started keeping my own fish. I think they have a lot of personality. I think your son will like it. I've kept Arowana and bichirs together since 2007. I've never really had any problem between the two.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Ive been raising arowanas since i was like 6 yrs old. I had them with snakeheads, tinfoil barbs, catfish and other types of fish. I raise asian aro and silver and they really never bother any of the fish. They usually just swim around and do laps in the tank and using top to bottom making it enjoyable to watch.
Right now i have 3 silver aro with my bichirs and never really have a issue with them.
Arowana are my favorite fish! They are a lot more responsive than bichirs. I actually grew up in a household with an arowana for 10+ years before I started keeping my own fish. I think they have a lot of personality. I think your son will like it. I've kept Arowana and bichirs together since 2007. I've never really had any problem between the two.

Thx guys yeah my dirty socks are more responsive than our bichirs lol. Want something that they can almost interact with like they did the pearsei.

So since hes going to read this. Any preference between the sliver/blacks and jar, lei's ?

Im pretty sure he like jars/leis best

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Thx guys yeah my dirty socks are more responsive than our bichirs lol. Want something that they can almost interact with like they did the pearsei.

So since hes going to read this. Any preference between the sliver/blacks and jar, lei's ?

Im pretty sure he like jars/leis best
I personally like all arowana species. They are all nice in their own way. I think they are awesome fish. Resemble dragons in my opinion. :hitting:

Here are some reasons that I can think of why some people would not get some of these aros:
Most silver will get drop eye, which is why many would not get one.
Most black will have short to no barbel when adult size.
Most leichardti will have a slight protruding lower jaw and barbel will tend to bend downward.
Most jardini will have a bent downward barbell and have a really bad reputation for being "killer fish".

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Hi J jaws7777 and Son. I have had a Leichardti since it was approximately 4". Over three years later, it is now ~21-22". Since the beginning it has been in the same tank with a blue phantom pleco (4.5") and gold nugget (3"). The plecos were there prior to the Lei, but I truly don't think that makes a difference who came first in my case. The plecos are very slow growing, and the good news is the Lei leaves them alone and has never ever bothered them. In fact the Lei chases the two red spotted Severums that are also in the tank.

I've had two Lei's, and both have had protruding lower jaws (as Hao Hao mentioned) Not the best looking, but it's mine ; - )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store