Lent Info,,,

Chiapet29

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
long island, ny
Hello all, I'm getting tired of my set up & wanna make some changes, I found a respectable dealer selling Lenticulata's for $60 they are 4 to 5" still juvis, just wanted to know if that was a fair price before I purchase one? & any info on them would be appreciated,

Last edited:

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Your tank would be too tight for lents. They get beefy and up to 15-16 inches for a fully grown male. Your lents will likely take around a year and a half or two years to get to about 12-13 inches unless you power feed at high temps which I would advise against.

You can get a group of them which is preferable when they are young. You can then hopefully get a pair which will be stable and well bonded. If you are able to upgrade to a 125 or 180, you can keep that pair for life with the 180 being a better setup.

Choose tankmates carefully as they are nasty. Haven't met one nice lent yet. Something robust like Hoplarchus do well with them as they won't run when threatened by the lents but will instead display their flank and bow out slowly which causes the lents to calm down. Fish they run get chased and hit even more. I couldn't keep much else with my lents when I had them in my 150. But enough tank and you can do more.

As for price. It's fair for what they are. Anywhere from 75 five or take 10 bucks is a good deal. I'd Sy 60 is a good price and worth it if you can care for them long term.

Reactions: Chiapet29

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Here is my 75 with a bonded pair of Crenicichla Johanna Peru. I put these in here a week ago and, as you can see, it's pretty tight in there. It's not a tank that will work long term.

I had to scape the tank to create as much open room as possible while still providing shelter to help them feel secure. I will have to upgrade to a 125 as a minimum tank if I am to keep them long term.

Johanna don't get quite as large as lenticulata. And these are just about a foot long. That should give you an idea of what a 16 inch lent would look like in a 75.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store