Lesson to self: No more fish from 'specially cultivated water with special ingredients"

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
There's a good Petsmart in Oxon Hill MD that I have a discount for supplies at. They're really good. The Petco in Clinton MD isn't so hot for fish, too many dead or diseased fish (or mismatched fish that get beat up and stressed) and the employees don't seem to pay attention.

Piscavores:)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2018
No I mean when the water is blue at a lfs of petsmart, not from the lights then don’t buy cuz then that means they are constantly using meds on the water and that is stressful to the fish and overall not good

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I agree with Picavores, whenever you see blue water in a LFSs tanks, it means that tank is probably being treated for something, so don't buy anything from that tank.
Blue water often means treatment for ick, but.....many people use ick treatment for any random malady, which isn't always the right thing to do.
I suggest you start going to, and or join the Capital Cichlid Assn.
Capital Cichlid Associationhttps://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/
There are very knowledgable members who can help you with everything from water issues to fish selection.
You can also get very good quality fish at their meetings and auctions, instead of at questionable LFSs.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
No I mean when the water is blue at a lfs of petsmart, not from the lights then don’t buy cuz then that means they are constantly using meds on the water and that is stressful to the fish and overall not good
So far I haven't seen any blue or green tint water in the store bags but I'll keep an eye out.

Piscavores:)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2018
Also don’t buy from Arizona gardens a lot of people say that it is really bad just look at the “don’t buy from” or “Avoid this one” threads

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
And trust me, I had checked the ph range for both fish. But arrogant old men often don't listen to anything.

Ph at my door is 7.6 - 7.8
nitrite 0
nitrate 0

Did you really mean to state your water nitrate level is 0? Did you test for ammonia?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store