Lets See Those BLACK DIAMONDS!

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
How did this “let’s see those bd rays” end up as “let’s see those Asian hybrids”

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Going through this thread a few of these rays scream hybrid. Some I believe were said to be hybrid but still added anyways. I’m sure most if not all of these were bought as black diamond which is the most misleading part. I’ve seen a p14 in one of the pics as well which was most likely just the person showing off the whole collection. Now don’t get me wrong a lot of these look like top end rays and top end “black diamonds” based off today’s definition. but look at the difference between what Is a black diamond now and what was a black diamond 6 years ago. Yes you can argue genetic selection resulted in these higher end rays but more likely reasoning would be a little hybrid action thrown in there early to get the traits they want. No doubt I find all these rays stunning but heavy doubt they are all true Fx black diamonds

Last edited:
Reactions: SHARK13 and DanHOB

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Not to derail a thread but this thread may have gone missed by a lot of members.
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/hybrid-close-relative.204665/
This exact process is how one of my old rays was created. A little tweak to the parent rays in that initial recipe would make some interesting “black diamonds”. Notice how some of those hybrids look remarkably similar to some rays in this thread.

Reactions: DanHOB

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
9 9FACE vincentwugwg vincentwugwg updates?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store