Lets see what's in your stand! mechanical photo's

uncut30

Black Skirt Tetra
Jul 26, 2015
Real Name
Deshon
ULu, i have forgot all about that electrical plug in there...... that’s really funny.... I can’t stop laughing.....

Ulu

Candiru
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Real Name
Puddin'Tame
Occupation
Retired computer bum
I put a sump under the 30 std last week. It's pretty basic, 10gal tank from the Petco $1 sale, using floss, lava & gravel bed, with 3 concentric plastic containers, and 2 sponge filters. The siphon is straight thru, without standpipe or air-break.
sump30.jpg

This is the first incarnation, just using a siphon hose and bulb for a drain. There's a PVC U with strainer in the tank. The pump is an old 200 GPH powerhead feeding thru a garden hose. 150 watt heater in the sump.

I bought one new sponge filter, but had every other part laying around, and the lava, gravel, and one sponge were already well cycled.

Since then I have enlarged the pump to a new 265 gph, and the drain, which is now 3/4" PVC (throttled) with PVC weir.

Better pics to come.

JK47

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Real Name
Justin
This is my first post here and thought i would share my setup its been running for just over a year but rescaped it 3 months ago . I built the whole thing but the tanks

View attachment 1364234
Hell a first two posts! Weeelcome to MFK! I absolutely love to see people take pride in their work. Well done on that setup!

Reactions: Dloks and deeda

twentyleagues

Blue Tier VIP
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Hell a first two posts! Weeelcome to MFK! I absolutely love to see people take pride in their work. Well done on that setup!
Lol I was just thinking it looked like something you would enjoy!

Great looking set up! I wish I had the patience to complete a project like that.

Reactions: JK47

Dloks

Potamotrygon
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
The exact opposite of the one above and the bane of JK47 JK47 .....lol
View attachment 1364400
Maybe when I get the fishroom cleaned up I'll post where all that goes.
Bro looks like a grow house down there!

Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store