Let's talk drip/auto fill systems.

Randys

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2015
Traverse City, Michigan
Nope, no confusion. The water feed lines I've tapped into will flow 4 gallons a minute wide open.
No drip, no carbon filters. The timer opens the valve and I'll have straight well water flowing into the sump. Pressure doesn't enter the equation from what I can see.

Reactions: Matteus

Randys

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2015
Traverse City, Michigan
I think I've got all the bugs worked out of my auto fill. I had to install a vacuum relief valve just downstream of the irrigation valve. Without it the pipe would hammer violently when the valve snapped shut. And with the 3/4" PVC I'm getting 10 gallons a minute of nice heated water! LOL

IMG_6730.JPG

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Crazy, what it the trench all about? All of this looks so crisp and clean. What tank is this filtering? Do you have some of those shots?

Randys

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2015
Traverse City, Michigan
The trench is for the drain shown in the inside picture. The drain will run underground, down a grade, then out into the woods behind my house. I thought about digging a dry well for the water (I’ve got plenty of gravel left over from another project) but I think I’ll just let it flow onto the ground for now. I’ll probably look out there and see the deer and raccoons taking baths! The vertical pipe standing in the trench is a vent pipe. It’s probably not necessary but for three dollars in parts I thought it would be worth the effort.
The tank is a 300 acrylic. I had it built with a coast to coast (almost) external overflow. I built the stand and plumbed a bean animal system. I just got the sand in it last night.

A1998140-172B-47FD-BC6F-1A441F0C6F02.jpeg

Reactions: deeda

Randys

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2015
Traverse City, Michigan
And after planning this project for two years I STILL can’t decide on what I want to stock!
DAMN!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store