Liner sealer

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
Any guesses on gallons? I'm thinking 1-2hundred? I could totally submerge in it and i'm 6 ft. Any one have an idea for cheap, DIY filtration? I'm thinking a 5 gallon bucket with some activated charcoal and a pump to push the water in and let the water fall several inches above the pond.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I’d guess 125-145.
The bucket would work or a tote. I’d skip using charcoal. Just filter floss and bio material. Whichever you’d like best.

Reactions: Kris P Bacon

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
I’d guess 125-145.
The bucket would work or a tote. I’d skip using charcoal. Just filter floss and bio material. Whichever you’d like best.
I need to change the filter in my 30, maybe toss it in to jump start the cycle? I'm not going to add dechlorinator, I will add gambusia to eat the skeeter larvae and cycle before i add the fish, maybe some blue gill and catfish and mollies and jewel cichlids and some plecos, all are in the river here.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I would separate the ponds from each other to make two ponds, connected or separate, and put the EPDM rubber liner in there, one piece of together, two if separate. I don't think the tape will work long term. If it is butyl tape, it adheres well but it sounds the ponds are either old, or thin, or both and if you don't want to redo it, I'd use a liner.

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
I would separate the ponds from each other to make two ponds, connected or separate, and put the EPDM rubber liner in there, one piece of together, two if separate. I don't think the tape will work long term. If it is butyl tape, it adheres well but it sounds the ponds are either old, or thin, or both and if you don't want to redo it, I'd use a liner.
If i have problems, i may well do that. Where does one purchase that thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter ?

Nevermind, too much $ for me.

Last edited:

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
If i have problems, i may well do that. Where does one purchase that thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter ?

Nevermind, too much $ for me.
Rubber would run you probably around $50 or some such. You can get away with a cheap vinyl liner too or PE sheeting (I'd use 2-3 layers), for instance sold as painter drop cloth and protecting it with black ground cover paper or landscaping/weed paper/cloth, with a layer or two. All in all, might get away with a $25 or some such.

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
If the pond is fiber glass best way is to clean area around crack with acetone rough up with sand paper then patch with first glass

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store